Whether you’re looking for Commercial Insurance for your large or small local business, our Insurance Agency has the expertise and wide range of coverage and pricing to meet all of your needs
Insurance that protects your company, so you can get back to business
Magnolia Home and Auto understands businesses in the community. We take pride in reviewing your options with multiple insurance companies and comparing protection and prices to find the best value for your business.
We’re proud members of the marketplace, and we’re committed to being an advocate for you and your business in times of need.
Our Commitment To Serve You
Magnolia Home and Auto knows that in Louisiana, there are as many unique insurance needs as we have neighbors who live here!
Commercial & Business Insurance Products
- Commercial Property Insurance – Protect your business with insurance for your commercial property
- Business Auto Insurance – Cover your business with insurance for commercial vehicles
- Commercial Umbrella Insurance – Insurance coverage that helps protect your business from the rising costs of lawsuits
- Workers Compensation Insurance – Insurance coverage that helps you take care of your employees
- Bonds – Protect your assets with financial backups for promises made by others
Commercial auto insurance can cover a combination of vehicle types (trucks, cars) and drivers, as well as some types of motorized equipment. It provides for bodily injury liability and property damage while operating a company automobile, and medical payments or Personal Injury Protection (PIP) for the driver and passengers of the policyholder’s car.
Hired/Non-owned Auto Liability
Are you renting cars or are your employees using their own vehicles? This particular coverage provides business insurance coverage for certain liabilities arising from the use of a rented or leased vehicle (hired), or a non-owned vehicle (employee using their own vehicle on company business). Oftentimes this coverage can be added inexpensively to a business auto policy, or in some cases, a general liability policy.
Use of Personal Vehicles
Insurance policies for privately owned vehicles may not cover damage to your privately owned car or truck when it is used for business, even when it’s a business such as selling cosmetics, jewelry, or pizza delivery.
Every business is unique – talk to Magnolia Home and Auto today to find out how to get the best business auto insurance, service, price and value.
One of the most common types of business insurance is commercial property insurance, which provides a wide range of coverage for buildings, inventory, equipment, tools and more. Losses from fire, break-in, vandalism, wind and other natural or manmade disasters are examples of what is typically covered.
A basic commercial property insurance policy may be all you need, although the types of coverage can vary between different insurance companies. As an independent insurance agent, Magnolia Home and Auto can help you determine the type of insurance policy and range of coverage that is best for your business.
About Commercial Property Insurance
- Insuring BuildingsDo you own a commercial building? If so, do you have enough commercial property insurance to cover replacement costs? Although cost estimators are available, we recommend that you secure an appraisal from a third party to accurately determine the current replacement cost of your building.
- Flood InsuranceMost commercial property policies exclude flood as a covered cause of loss. A separate policy must be purchased to protect you from resulting damage. Check your current property insurance policy to be sure you are covered.
- Business Personal Property CoverageBusiness personal property insurance covers property at a specified location such as furniture, fixtures, equipment and inventory. Be aware that most commercial property policies have very limited coverage for property taken off the specified location. If you have equipment that is frequently taken off-site to various locations, it is important that you have an inland marine policy (equipment or installation floater).
- Business Income (Business Interruption Coverage)This coverage reimburses a business owner for lost profits and fixed expenses during the time that a business is closed. It applies while the premises are being restored because of damage from an event such as a fire. Business income insurance may also cover financial losses that occur if civil authorities limit customer access to your neighborhood or business after a disaster. We strongly recommend that all businesses acquire this coverage.
- Electronic Data Processing (EDP) InsuranceThis coverage is separate property coverage specifically designed to protect your computer related equipment. Most commercial property policies have limited coverage for computer networks. EDP broadens the causes of loss to include things like power surges and in some cases virus attacks.
If umbrella policies are good for individuals, then they are imperative for business. When a catastrophic liability loss occurs, an umbrella insurance policy can mean the difference between a business surviving, or not.
The rising costs of lawsuits and judgments are important for today’s business owner to consider. Catastrophic liability losses can happen to any business at any time, and a commercial umbrella policy protects you when those losses exceed your basic liability coverage. The time and effort you have taken to build your business is too important for it to disappear after one unforeseen event.
Commercial Umbrella Insurance
Commercial Umbrella helps you protect your assets by providing liability limits above and beyond your other insurance policies. In some cases, it even broadens your protection. Due to the unpredictable nature of jury awards, Magnolia Home and Auto recommends that your business insurance program include this coverage.
What is Excess Liability Coverage?
This coverage provides extra liability limits over an Umbrella policy. This coverage typically follows the terms of the first underlying insurance policy.
Who needs Excess Liability Coverage?
Higher limits may be necessary for businesses with high loss potential, high profile, sizable sales, numerous assets, large auto fleets, worldwide presence, and/or significant public exposure.
Talk to Magnolia Home and Auto about your business operations. We can advise you on what kind of liability coverage you need to protect yourself and your company.